M1: 'Basic water chemistry: wastewater applications'
In principle, water purification is always based on chemical, physicochemical and biochemical processes. It is therefore obvious that a basic knowledge of chemistry is necessary for a good understanding of these techniques. In the course attention is paid to basic chemical/physical parameters that are frequently used in water purification.
Operators and process managers who would like to refine or refresh their knowledge of chemistry.
The module 'Basic chemistry of water: applications on wastewater' is designed for people with little or no previous chemical knowledge.
- Introduction to the periodic table
- Units often used in chemistry
- Calculating and converting units
- Interpretation of results (SS, VSS, DM, oDM)
- Chemical background of the chemical oxygen consumption parameter (COD)
- Presentations (theory)
- Exercises (collective)
- Half-day module (combinable with our other modules on the same or another day)
- Maximum number of participants: 15
€ 350 (excl. 21% VAT) for half a day
- If you register for three half-day modules (followed by the same person or different persons from the same company), you receive a 10% discount on the third module (and then on the sixth, ninth, ...).
- Take advantage of the IPV discount.
Training dates for M1 (autumn 2020)
- 03 September AM (Thursday)
- 20 October AM (Tuesday)
- 05 November AM (Thursday)
- 01 December AM (Tuesday)
Register now online for this course via the web form below or via [email protected].