M1: Aerobic (waste) water treatment
The module consists of a theoretical part and an exercise part.
Water purification techniques are based on chemical, physicochemical and biochemical processes. It is therefore obvious that a basic knowledge of chemistry is required for a good understanding of these techniques. In this course, attention is paid to the basic chemical/physical parameters that are often used in water treatment.
In addition, the theoretical part not only explains the basic principles of aerobic wastewater treatment, it also deals in concrete terms with the follow-up, the process and the possible causes and management of calamities.
Finally, this training also focuses on the participants' analytical understanding and their ability to calculate and interpret basic process parameters. Next to a number of standard exercises, some cases will be introduced. If desired, participants can also bring their own case and these will be discussed in group.
- Operators, process managers and laboratory staff involved in the monitoring of biological wastewater treatment systems.
- Environmental managers who need a good overview of the technical possibilities and bottlenecks of biological wastewater treatment systems.
Specific prior knowledge of biological wastewater treatment is not an absolute necessity. The module M1: 'Basic chemistry of water: applications on wastewater' can be seen as an ideal preparation.
Participants with some practical experience will be able to take full advantage of this.
- Introduction to the basics of water purification
- Units commonly used in chemistry
- Calculating and converting units
- Interpretation of the results (SS, VSS, DM, oDM)
- Chemical Background of the Chemical Oxygen Demand Parameter (COD)
- Basic principles of biological water treatment
- Active sludge and biofilm systems
- Process parameters
- Basic microscopic characterization of activated sludge
- Calculation of process parameters for a high and low load system
- Evaluation and discussion of different cases
- Examination of a case selected from the questions sent
- Presentations (theory)
- Development of exercises in small groups (3 p)
- Data interpretation (practice)
- 1,5 day-session + optional site visit of half a day
- Maximum number of participants: 15
€ 1200 (excl. 21% VAT) for 1,5-day sessions
€ 1600 (excl. 21%VAT) for 2-day sessions with site visit
Training recognized by Alimento.
Training dates for M1
- 1st set of trainings
- Thursday 16/03/2023
- Friday 17/03/2023
- 2nd set of trainings
- Monday 19/06/2023
- Tuesday 20/06/2023
- 3rd set of trainings
- Wednesday 20/09/2023
- Thursday 21/09/2023
- 4th set of trainings
- Tuesday 21/11/2023
- Wednesday 22/11/2023
- On demand
Register online for this course through the webform below or by mail: [email protected].